Saturday, November 29, 2014

Appleseed Alpha: A Squishingly Review

Hello!

     I'm back from my long break, so I'm ready to dive back into the blogging world with a splash. My splash today is called Appleseed Alpha.


The Basics:


Title: Appleseed Alpha
Genre: Action/Science Fiction
Main Characters: Deunan Knute and Briareos Hecatonchires
Release Date: July 22, 2014
Rating: PG-13
Summary: From the creator of Ghost in the Shell and the director of Appleseed comes the intense post-apocalyptic prequel, Appleseed: Alpha. Left to survive in a post-World War society, two mercenary soldiers - Deunan and her cyborg partner Briareos – are sent on a mission on the outskirts of their war-torn city. During the operation, they run into Iris and Olson, two citizens from the utopian city of Olympus, who might have a way to save the world. Unfortunately, the ruthless Talos and the scheming warlord Two Horns have their own plans. It’s up to Deunan and Briareos to safeguard their newfound contacts and help save humanity’s last hope.


Warning: Spoilers ahead!

The Characters:

(via.)
     Appleseed Alpha had interesting, understandable characters. The main characters Deunan and "Bri" are both strong and competent, who have no trouble kicking butt. What ties them together is their past, which means that understanding this gives any viewer a good perspective on their strong bond.

(via.)
     The characters in Appleseed Alpha grow and change in different ways, but the change that appealed most to me was how Iris opened up to Deunan and Briarieos after previously clamming up. Iris was adorable, and although her death wasn't that powerful, it still warmed my heart.

     Overall, the characters in this movie are effective and very powerful when it comes to changing the storyline. If their personalities had been any different, the plot would be completely divergent. The characters' attitudes and relationships also vary greatly, which adds variety to the movie. This part of the movie gets a 5/5.

The Story:


(via.)
     The story was a little dull, and a bit rushed. At some points it was difficult to understand what was going on, but I loved the suspense of not knowing who Olsen and Iris were. In my opinion, I feel that Two Horns switched sides too quickly, which lead me to believe he still wanted vengeance on Deunan and Briareos. The best part of the story was Iris' death, which was a truly heartbreaking moment. The story drops the rating down to 4/5.

The Design:

(via.)
     The design and rendering of the movie was extremely realistic. There were a few flaws, such as the "bounce" of the characters which made all the characters seem like all humans (and cyborgs) were more agile than they would be in real life. Overall, the design of the movie was great- Appleseed Alpha is the best movie in the series so far. This section gets a 5/5.

Conclusion:

(via.)
     Even though the characters and design were virtually flawless, the story is the biggest part of the movie- which drops the rating to 4 out of 5. Watching Appleseed Alpha was time well spent, but it could have been better.

--

     Hello, readers. It's been a while- what do you think of my review? I could've done better, probably because most of you have never seen this movie. Oh well, I had a chance to introduce to you something new. Have a wonderful day, everyone. I'll be back. :)
_blank

6 comments:

  1. Oh my. Lily. This redesign is simply amazing. It's gorgeous in terms of aesthetics and there's obviously some very advanced code here - well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Emily! That is so kind of you to say! I know it took me far too long to respond, I've just been suuuuper duper lazy. [Shameful!] Thanks again! Have a wonderful day. :)

      -Lily | Squishingly | BBK |

      Delete
  2. Amazing I watched this movie and loved it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did! Thanks for visiting my blog, welcome to Squishingly. :]

      -Lily | Squishingly | BBK |

      Delete
  3. Hi Lily! I need to contact you on the subject of Custom Design. I've tried to email you but it just has a link to a windows email, and I only have gmail. I've also tried the contact form, but it's glitching. Please can I have your email address?

    Sorry about this!!
    Amelie - ameliebarham.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amelie-

      Thanks for contacting me! You can click here for my email. If it doesn't work, my email is lolacoolll4@gmail.com. My contact form should work, and it has before.. that's weird. I'll look into it, thanks. :] Have a wonderful day.

      -Lily | Squishingly | BBK |

      Delete