Sunday, September 21, 2014

Lynde Avenue's Black & White Photography/Writing Contest

Hello!



Rules


✓ Submit an original black-and-white photograph. It can be of anything you like; there are no guidelines or categories.

✓ Also submit a piece of work telling me what story your photograph is telling you. It can be a poem, short story, chapter, vignette, or even a simple sentence.

✓ Please keep both pieces of work clean and appropriate.

✓ You can publish your entry as a post on your blog or email it to me, whichever you're more comfortable with! Just be sure to leave a link on *this post* to your entry if it's on your blog. (Click here to check it out!)

✓ I'm not expecting that many entries as of now, so there will be a first and second place only. But things may change as the contest gets going!

Prizes


 Your button on my sidebar for a month, and then moved permanently onto my Button Exchanges page.

ⓧ You can write a guest post for my blog if you wish.

 I will also interview you for my blog if you wish.
 Your entry will be published here on Lynde Avenue.
 You'll get a mention on social media, as well as a Bloglovin' and Twitter follow from me!

Here we go..


 The rain beats my window like a drum, at a fast and steady rhythm. I sigh as I gaze down at my hand, noticing a band-aid gripping my ring finger as if it were going to fall at any moment.

 I didn't cut myself, but I put the band-aid there as a symbol.

 Long ago, the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians all believed that a vein ran from your ring finger to your heart. And because a circle never ended, they used a gold band to represent everlasting love. They put that gold band on the third finger of the left hand, to symbolise a couple's prosperity.

 But I put there in place of a gold band, a band-aid. Because a band-aid, my friend, is used to keep germs and infectious things out of an open wound. So no matter how tough I may seem on the outside, I will never heal from the emotional cut of my past.

 So, I'm not really good at writing. But I thought I'd give this contest a shot anyway. Hope you like it, and I hope I win! Thanks, Emily!

_blank

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lily! I tag you for the 20-things-you-might-not-know-about-me // Blog Tag. Please check out my blog to see.
    June | http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/2014/09/20-things-you-might-not-know-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June-

      Thanks for tagging me! I left a comment on your post. :)

      -Lily

      Delete
  2. That's amazing Lily! I tagged you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noor! But I was already tagged.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lily! Just wanted to thank you again for entering my competition, but because there were not many entries I'm afraid I'll be calling it off. Your piece was beautiful and I'm just sorry I won't be able to include it! :(

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily-

      It's okay, I totally understand! I hope you get more entries for your next contest. :)

      -Lily | Squishingly | BBK |

      Delete
    2. Me again! I've decided to extend the deadline for the contest to October 10th rather than call it off, so your entry is still valid if you would like to participate!

      Em

      Delete
    3. Alright then! I'm still in. :)

      -Lily | Squishingly | BBK |

      Delete