Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Tribute To The Ones We Lost

Hello!

Original edit by me. Feel free to use.


 Today, I'd like to recognize all of the people that lost their lives in the event of the 9/11 attacks. I've asked my family members where they were when it happened, and how they felt.  Here's what they all said-


Aunt A
I was at work when I heard the first plane that crashed.  I refused to go learn more from my co-workers who were listening to the news of what had happened. I kept my head down and just kept working.  I had a job to do and I did it.  I didn't want to break down and cry especially when I heard about the 2nd plane that crashed. 

It was only when I went home that I had the privacy I needed to deal with the tragedy of 9/11.


Uncle A
I was at work...working for a financial services company.  All of us had co-workers or friends in the tower.


Aunt B
I was in my apartment sleeping after dropping your aunt off at work. I woke up because everyone started calling. You were the only good thing we had to be happy about. I remember crying that you had to come into a world where something like 9/11 could happen. Turns out you were the best thing to happen that year.


Dad
I was at work with some of my friends watching the news about the tragedy. Then in October, you came into the world.


Mom
I was at home when your Uncle called me and told me to turn on the TV. I watched the second plane hit the tower live on the news. But you were born the next month and I felt I was blessed that you were safe and happy.


Their identities are entirely confidential. That's all I have for my tribute at the moment. It will be updated regularly. So, where were you on 9/11?
_blank

0 comments:

Post a Comment