Saturday, August 9, 2014

Making my Aunt's Nail Salon Website

Hello!


 I recently took on a project for my Aunt, which is building a website for her nail salon. Instead of using a website builder (like Weebly or Strikingly) I decided to make it all in Photoshop and then code it with Komodo. (If you don't know, Komodo Edit and IDE is an Adobe Dreamweaver alternative.) So, here are some pictures. If you have any thoughts and/or suggestions, feel free to comment below.


 Of course, I plan to bump the font size down. But I made it bigger so it would be easier to see. And keep in mind that this is my first time making a website with Photoshop instead of using a builder and simply modifying the code, so it will look pretty basic. Maybe I'll check out some tutorials later.


 That's the About page there. If you noticed, the selected page has a red nail polish puddle instead of a little round box thing. (I don't know what to call it. I'm sure there's a name and I just don't know it.)


 And there's the Contact page. I put my name at the bottom, if you didn't see that. If you noticed that it's red, that's because you can click on it. It'll probably take you to my portfolio, maybe my blog. It depends. But for now, that's all. My Aunt asked for a basic website with 3 pages. Anyway, I hope you all have a nice day.
_blank

0 comments:

Post a Comment